Parent Resources


CalFresh Application Assistance

CalFresh Logo


We can help you apply for CalFresh! CalFresh is a supplemental nutrition assistance program that can help you buy more fresh, healthy food for you and your family! Apply online, call for an appointment (707) 444-8293, or just stop by our office - someone is always available! You can also get more information or apply online at

And be sure to check out the programs at Food for People for additional food resources!


Humboldt Network of Family Resource Centers

Contact information

Arcata Family Resource Center

Blue Lake Community Resource Center

Bridgeville Community Center

Carlotta Community Center

Fortuna Family Resource Center

Hupa Family Resource Center

Jefferson Community Center

Loleta Community Resource Center

Manila Community Resource Center

Marshall Family Resource Centers

Mattole Valley Family Resource Center

McKinleyville Family Resource Center

Rio Dell Community Resource Center

South Bay & Pine Hill Healthy Start

Southern Humboldt Family Resource Center

Willow Creek Community Resource Center


Information for Parents

Online Resource for Understanding Child Care Licensing. This resource page includes information for providers and parents and families, and uses videos as well as written information to explain topics like the how licensing works, parents’ rights in child care, what to look for in choosing a provider, and how to file a complaint.

Interested in learning more about perinatal mood and anxiety disorders? Click here to watch a video made locally with Humboldt County residents and professionals

Kindergarten Readiness Information

Parent Resources and Information from the Humboldt County Office of Education

Tipping Hazards Information: English or español

Check out the CCFPR Nutrition Newsletter! Edition 17, Edition 18, Edition 19, Edition 28

Lead Poisoning Prevention Resources: Mayo Clinic and Centers for Disease Control (CDC)

Safe Sleep Information from the American Academy of Pediatrics: English or español

New Changes to Car Seat Laws effective January 1, 2017

How to Talk to Children About Tragic Events:

-Talking About Tragic Events / Como hablar sobre sucesos trágicos:

-Explaining the News to Our Kids / Como explicar las noticias a nuestros niños:

-How to Talk with Children After an Act of Terrorism / Como hablar con sus niños despues de un acto de terrorismo:

*These links are provided for informational purposes only. Changing Tides Family Services does not endorse any specific websites or organizations. Estos enlaces son proporcionados con fines informativos exclusivamente. Changing Tides Family Services no respalda sitios web u organizaciones específicas.


Check Out our Directory of Parenting Classes!

Parenting classes:these are offered periodically, depending upon demand and resources available.

--Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course:

--Life Matters (based on “Positive Discipline”):

--Parenting and Co-Parenting Skills:

-One-on-one, community support to parents who have a developmental disability

-One-on-one support to parents who have just learned that their child has a disability or is at risk of having one

-Consultation in-person or over the phone to discuss parents’ concerns about how their child is developing and resources for children and families.

-Call us at (707) 444-8293 for more information