Child Care Referrals

Free Child Care Referrals for Parents:

Changing Tides Family Services provides a free child care referral service for parents who live or work in Humboldt County. Our database includes licensed and exempt child care centers, licensed family child care homes, play groups, and TrustLine cleared caregivers who have chosen to list with Changing Tides Family Services.

-Free Child Care Referrals Online! Start Here!

-Free Child Care Referrals by Email! Email us at

-Free Child Care Referrals by Phone! Call us at (707) 444-8293 or 1-800-795-3554

-Free Child Care Referrals In-Person! Come by our office at 2379 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka by appointment

Please see our Child Care Referral Policies Handbook in English and Spanish

Any information in Changing Tides Family Services' database has been solely supplied by the provider—Changing Tides Family Services does not substantiate information submitted by providers.

Changing Tides Family Services staff do not endorse, rate, recommend, or evaluate programs or providers—each parent is strongly encouraged to carefully interview and visit a prospective provider or several providers before making a decision.

Parents are strongly encouraged to call the Community Care Licensing Regional Office at (707) 588-5026 or 1-844-538-8766 to seek the complaint history of any licensed provider under consideration. Substantiated complaints regarding a licensed provider are a matter of public record.

Click here for a list of all child care programs in Humboldt County that can provide assistance with the cost of child care. Haga clic aquí para ver una lista de todos los programas de cuidado infantil en el condado de Humboldt que pueden proporcionar asistencia con el costo del cuidado de niños.

Click here to learn more about different types of child care available. Haga clic aquí para aprender más sobre los diferentes tipos de cuidado de niños disponible.

A new hotline for reporting complaints or concerns regarding child care facilities is available! To report a complaint or concern regarding any licensed child care facility, call or email 1-844-LET-US-NO (1-844-538-8766) or In the event of an emergency CALL 9-1-1.